The Complete Beginning Guitarist makes learning fun and creative. It combines note reading with creative rote and "by ear" styles of playing the guitar. Simultaneously use melodic, strumming, and fingerpicking approaches while learning to read music, understand music theory, improvise, and perform song accompaniments. The 112 page book includes companion online audio. Woven throughout the book is information about the various types of guitars available, their differences and genres they are associated with, and discussions of musical genres that are common to the guitarist and the great players from those genres.
* Read music and play by ear
* Play melodies and chords; pick and fingerstyle
* Learn practical music theory
* Play along with the included recordings
* Explore a variety of musical styles
* Learn about different types of guitars, accessories, and more