Effective starting: June 1, 2018
The websites www.alfred.com.com, www.totalsheetmusic.com.com, www.alfred-music.com, www.emtontheweb.com, and sionline.alfred.com (hereinafter "the Site") is owned and operated by Alfred Publishing, LLC (“Alfred Music,” “we,” or “us”). The Site provides the ability for users to browse and search through our catalog, place orders, create and view your account information, submit feedback and other customer service inquiries, and engage with our marketing content (the “Services”).
Alfred Music recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of our customers and the users of the Site. However, some uses of such information are required for us to conduct legitimate business by providing information of interest to our customers and the users of the Site.
Notice to California Residents
Except as expressly identified below, we do not disclose a user’s personal data to any third-party for such third-party’s direct marketing purposes. Thus, under California Civil Code Sections 1798.80-1798.84, Alfred Music has no obligation to a California resident to provide further information regarding Owner’s use of the California resident’s personal data.
Notice to Utah Residents
Except as expressly identified below, we do not disclose a user’s personal data to any third-party for such third-party’s direct marketing purposes.
Our Legal Basis for Collecting, Storing and Processing your Personal Data
If you have created an account to use the Site in order to obtain the Services, we collect, store and process your Personal Data out of a contractual necessity in order to provide you the Services.
In certain cases, we may store and process your Personal Data in order to comply with Alfred Music’s legal obligations for record keeping and other compliance with laws or regulatory compliance.
We obtain your unambiguous consent in order to send electronic marketing materials to provide you information about our products or services that we feel you may be interested in. You may withdraw your consent through the opt-out process included in our emails.
The Personal Data we hold about you is processed by us on the basis of our legitimate interests in providing the Services. Based upon the type and amount of data we collect, we have made a determination that our legitimate interest in using such Personal Data is not outweighed by any detriment to you.
Information Collection and Use
Through your use of the Services, we may collect the following “Personal Data” from you if you choose to provide it, including:
- Your name, email, company/school, address and/or telephone number (“Contact Information”).
- Pages and products viewed, ads that you clicked on, emails from us that you opened, browser type, operating system, IP address and device information, your mobile operating system (OS), a mobile device identifier embedded by us, or other commonly used mobile device identifier if you access the Site on a mobile device (“Analytical Information”).
- We may also collect publicly available information about you from third-party sources, such as the postal service for shipping address verification.
We do not collect any more Personal Data from you than what we have determined is needed for us to provide the Services or that you have decided to share with us to more personalize the Services, and to comply with applicable laws.
How Your Personal Data May Be Used
We may use Analytical Information to improve the performance or layout of our website and to better administer and troubleshoot our systems.
We may use Contact Information and other Personal Data to provide you the Services on the Site; to evaluate and improve the Services; to fulfill your requests for information; and to contact you about Alfred Music products or services and those of our affiliates, based on the preferences you have indicated.
We provide you the opportunity to consent to receive commercial email from us related to the Services or information that we deem you may be interested in when you seek more information from us. We will give you the opportunity to "opt out" of receiving any unsolicited information from us or to limit the unsolicited information you receive from us to information regarding the Services or information you specifically request or information we determine you may find useful as a result of your use of the Site.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- We need to share your information to provide a product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Alfred Music to provide a product or service to you. Unless we tell you differently, we only provide these companies the minimum amount of information that is necessary for them to assist us and these companies do not have any right to use the Personal Data we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us;
- We find that your actions on our website violate the Terms and Conditions of Use, any of our usage guidelines for specific services or any agreement; and
- As required to respond to or initiate subpoenas, court orders, or legal process.
Third Party Processors
To ensure that your Personal Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate procedures with the third parties we share your Personal Data with to ensure that your Personal Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with and which respects the applicable laws on data security and privacy.
How long do we keep your information?
We will store your information for as long as you have an account with Alfred Music. We may keep records of transactions with you for a period of up to seven (7) years to comply with the IRS requirements.
Do Not Track
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, the Site does not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals.
Notice to Residents of Europe and the United Kingdom
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights related to Alfred Music use of your Personal Data.
- Right to withdraw consent. You have the right to notify Alfred Music that you no longer want us to process or use your Personal Data. You can do that by contacting Alfred Music at the email or mailing address below.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to obtain a copy of your Personal Data stored and processed by Alfred Music and direct Alfred Music to transfer your Personal Data to another controller via csv format.
- Right to erasure/Right to be forgotten. You have the right to request that any of your Personal Data being stored or processed by Alfred Music is deleted from our records. However, while we can delete your Personal Data from our current records, copies of your data may be stored in Alfred Music’s inactive and archived records and will be deleted in accordance with Alfred Music’s then-current document management policy. In some cases, your Personal Data may be continued to be stored in archived records of transactions or activities where Owner is required by law to retain such records.
- Right to restriction of processing. You may request that Alfred Music restrict the processing of your Personal Data. In such case, this may affect your ability to use or navigate the Site.
To exercise any of your rights above, please contact Alfred Music at firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 10003, Van Nuys, CA 91410. If you choose to exercise any of your rights listed above, it may affect your ability to use the Site, as the operation and functionalities provided on the Site may require the use of your Personal Data.
Ability to Review and Edit Your Information
You may review and approve the Contact Information about you that was stored in our database and obtained through your use of the Site. Upon your written request, we will remove that information from our database or change or correct personal data that you state is erroneous within applicable regulatory or other legal requirements. You should understand, however, that information about you in our database might come from a number of sources.
We will take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into due account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal data. However, no electronic storage method or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Commitment to Children’s Privacy
In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, 15 U.S.C., §§ 6501-06 and 16 C.F.R., §§ 312.1-312.12, the Site does not collect information from children under 13 years of age, and we do not intentionally collect information from persons under sixteen (16) years of age. Use of the Site is limited to users that are sixteen (16) years of age and older. By using the Site, you represent that you are sixteen (16) years of age or older.
We reserve the right to change, modify or otherwise update this policy at any time. These changes or updates will be effective immediately. We may provide you notice of such changes when they are material, such notice may be given by posting on the Site, by electronic or conventional mail or by any other means by which you obtain notice of the changes or updates.
Policies of Other Websites
PO Box 10003
Van Nuys, CA 91410