Alfred Music Continues to Expand Sound Innovations Family with Sound Differentiation
August 28, 2020
Alfred Music, the leading publisher in music education since 1922, is proud to announce the newest member to the Sound Innovations family, Sound Differentiation for Beginning String Orchestra, further providing ways to help meet the needs of all the learners in beginning string classes.
Sound Differentiation is a motivational, time-saving supplemental resource that provides differentiated parts for 15 well-known pieces and is perfect for a variety of teaching situations, including like- or mixed-instrument classes, as well as in private study. These arrangements are ready for use in an adaptable format with identical parts for all instruments. The difficulty of each piece progresses throughout the book.
Depending on the specific needs of an ensemble, there are various ways to “differentiate” using Sound Differentiation. In order of difficulty, the parts are bass line, tune, harmony, variation 1, variation 2, allowing the ability to assign the parts that are the most appropriate for each student or section. Any or all of the parts can be used to create an arrangement. The ensemble can play in unison, separate into two groups, or more. The parts are identical for each instrument.
Sound Differentiation stands out for the following unique reasons:
- Can be used for in-class or remote teaching.
- All tunes are on the D and A string only (D and G for basses).
- Bass lines for all instruments use only open strings.
- Can be played arco or pizzicato.
- Use for unison playing, or with like- or mixed instruments in any combination.
- Note name reminders are provided in the first pieces.
- Chord symbols are included for any accompaniment instrument.
Sound Differentiation will be available in SmartMusic during Fall 2020.