Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 4 in G minor, Op. 40, was completed in 1926. The work exists in three versions. Following its unsuccessful premiere, the composer made cuts and other amendments before publishing it in 1928. With continued lack of success, he withdrew the work, eventually revising and republishing it in 1941 (3rd version, most generally performed today). The original manuscript version was released in 2000 by the Rachmaninoff Estate to be published and recorded. The work is dedicated to Nikolai Medtner, who in turn dedicated his Second Piano Concerto to Rachmaninoff the following year.
|Composed by:||Sergei Rachmaninoff|
|Format:||Score & Parts|
|Instrumentation:||Piano Solo, Full Orchestra|