Welcome to Alfred's North Carolina Cultural Arts LIVE page!
Alfred Music is excited to partner with NC Student Connect Conferences for their Cultural Arts LIVE Conference on December 15-16, 2020.
We invite all North Carolina singers to participate by learning “I Will Be Brave,” a new choral composed by Sally K. Albrecht (Raleigh, NC).
- Each participant first needs to download a PDF of the music. In order to be in compliance with copyright, you may not share this PDF. Your teacher/director will let you know which voicing you need to download (SATB, 3-part mixed, or SSA). Each student may print out one copy of the music, if desired.
- Each singer may download the MP3 full-performance recording. Please note, this is the SATB version.
- Each singer may also download an MP3 of the SoundTrax accompaniment recording (without voices).
- Below, you may view a video of Sally giving instructions for adding sign language to “I Will Be Brave." Teachers may wish to assign all or a small group of students to learn the signing.
- Additional Practice Tools: Students may rehearse individual vocal lines using the free SmartMusic links below. We hope you enjoy these innovative practice, recording, and assessment tools.
SOLOS/SMALL GROUP ASSIGNMENTS:
Teachers should assign specific singers to learn the opening solo/small group (pages 2-3) and the final small group descant (measure 39 to the end).
JOIN US FOR THESE SPECIAL SESSIONS:
(Visit ncstudentconnect.com for more information)
- For students and teachers—Dec. 15th virtual session with composer Sally K. Albrecht: Meet the composer, information about “I Will Be Brave,” performance tips, sign language instruction.
- For teachers—Dec. 16th virtual session with composer/editor Andy Beck: Remote Resources for Choirs.
Please note: This link is to be used by North Carolina schools/organizations only and will be available through December 16th.