Music In Our Schools Month
Free Resources for Music Educators
NAfME's Music In Our Schools Month®, celebrated every March, promotes the benefits of high quality music education programs in schools across the country. To support this effort, we're offering free printable resources and activities for you and your students:
- Classroom Materials—These activities, lessons, and games address the 2014 National Standards. Excerpted from Music Class Playlist (00-43502), Music Puzzler (00-39991), Kaleidoscope (00-46740), and Accent on Composers 2 (00-41908).
- Theory Activity—Help students practice counting beats in 4/4 time, as well as identify perfect, major, and augmented intervals. Excerpted from Alfred's Essentials of Music Theory: Teacher's Activity Kit, Complete (00-26327).
- Concert Band Chorale—Use this chorale by Chris Bernotas during rehearsals to address intonation, phrasing, and dynamics. Excerpted from Sound Innovations for Concert Band: Ensemble Development for Intermediate Concert Band (00-34570).
- Orchestra Warm Up—This warm up addresses various rhythms using whole notes, half notes, quarter notes, and eighth notes in 4/4 time. Excerpted from Sound Innovations for String Orchestra: Creative Warm-Ups (00-44213)
- Group Piano Unit—This free unit covers major, minor, augmented, and diminshed chords; sight-reading melodies; creating accompaniments from chord symbols; and more. Excerpted from Alfred's Group Piano for Adults, Book 1 (00-30398).