- Cielito Lindo (Lovely Sweet One) was popularized in 1882 by Mexican author Quirino Mendoza y Cortés. It is one of the most widely recognized tunes throughout the Spanish-speaking world as a symbol of Mexico.
- Naci en la Cumbre (I was Born on the Mountain) is a traditional Guatemalan folk song.
- Vuela, suspiro (Fly, My Sighs) is a traditional Costa Rican folk song.
- Ay! Tituy is a traditional folk song from Costa Rica.
- La Cucaracha (The Cockroach) is a traditional Spanish song, also trendy in Latin America. It is about a cockroach who can't walk. The song came to symbolize the Mexican Revolution (1910-20) and Pancho Villa.