New features for the Educator Version include greater options for educators to customize lessons, the audio, text and images used for lessons, the number and style of questions on the customized tests, and even the contents of the terms glossary. It also offers enhanced user, and group maintenance options for educators to organize and track multiple students' progress.
The Educator Version of the software allows for the unlimited creation of student records and the printing of individual scores, printing of class lists, importing and exporting of student records in batches, and the setting of a minimum grade requirement that students must meet to advance to the next level.
This version is intended for educators with one computer in a classroom, or for private lesson/studio use where tracking the progress of multiple students is helpful. Appropriate for ages 8 to Adult. PC/Mac compatible.
Volume 1 (Lessons 1-25):
Treble & Bass Clefs
* 4/4, 3/4 & 2/4 Time Signatures
* Flats, Sharps & Naturals
* Whole & Half Steps
* Dynamic Signs, Temp Markings & Articulation
* Up to Eighth Notes & Rests
Volume 2 (Lessons 25-50):
* Key Signatures
* Circle of Fifths
* 3/8 & 6/8 Time Signatures
* Triads & V7 Chords
Volume 3 (Lessons 51-75):
1st & 2nd Inversions of Triads
* Figured Bass
* Chord Progressions
* Minor Scales & Triads
* Harmonizing & Composing Melodies
* 12-Bar Blues Chord Progression & Blues Scale
* Basic Forms of Music
The complete curriculum of Alfred's Essentials of Music Theory includes Student Books, a Teacher's Answer Key, Ear Training CDs, Double Bingo games, Flash Cards, Reproducible Teacher's Activity Kits, and interactive software for students and teachers in private study, studio, network, and internet environments.
* Windows 7, Vista, XP, 8, 10 - Intel Pentium 3 1GHz or faster
* Macintosh OSX 10.4 - 10.14 - Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz or Power PC (G4 1GHz or faster)
* 400MB hard drive space, 512MB RAM
* Speakers or headphones.