|What is SmartMusic?|
SmartMusic transforms the way students practice and learn. This interactive tool, used by music educators across the country to enhance their programs, provides a way to see a dramatic improvement in students' skills. As they play along with music onscreen, it gives students immediate feedback on their performance by showing correct pitches and rhythms in green and incorrect in red. They also are able hear their part in context with SmartMusic's background accompaniment of a full ensemble.
With SmartMusic, you also have the ability to create and send assignments to each of your students. And since you can easily follow, document and grade their progress, individualized instruction and evidence of student achievement all become a reality.
SmartMusic extends your reach as a music educator—letting you spend more time teaching music.
With SmartMusic you can easily:
- Create and send assignments that students can do at home with a student subscription, or with a practice room subscription at school.
- Track, collect audio recordings, grade, and learn more about each student's progress.
- Create a portfolio of each student's work to share during parent/teacher conferences.
- Document achievement and measure student growth.
SmartMusic also helps with assessment and documentation:
To address evolving assessment and accountability requirements, SmartMusic automates administrative tasks and offers these solutions to provide you with more time to teach the art of making music:
- Document proof of student achievement, making it possible to assess and document student growth.
- Assign practice reports. SmartMusic tracks the time students spend practicing.
- Create and share assignments with other teachers. Online assignment libraries make it easy to share ideas with colleagues in your district or state.
- Parents can log in to view their child's grades and listen to recordings.
|Check out videos from SmartMusic's website about how this technology could help your students practice more and become better musicians!
|The SmartMusic 21 Day Challenge!
In just three weeks, your students can take many small steps to make practicing their instrument a regular part of their routine—and have some fun doing it! Students can start at the beginning or hop in at any time.