full-time regular position
ALL sales positions are currently filled, however we continually review incoming resumes.
Under general supervision, performs increasingly responsible and complex duties in developing and serving an account base and attaining sales goals of company products in an assigned territory and within a team environment.
Recruiters: Please do NOT contact the company about these positions.
Depending on level and assignment, core duties include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Plans and executes a sales call out schedule of at least 20 calls per day to existing and potential dealers to achieve sales of company targets.
• Develops sales relationships by maintaining consistent contact for purposes of providing information, advising and answering questions about company products, purchase schedules, discounting and buying patterns; responds to customer service problems including product and shipping errors, return authorizations and discount concerns; apprises customers of policy changes, important dates, new products, company receivable policy and due dates, etc.
• Participates in outgoing sales activities for special territory and team projects such as Christmas sales, FAX broadcasts, stock orders, conventions and piano clinics.
• Develops and maintains industry knowledge by keeping abreast of: 1) new and competing products and marketing strategies, 2) dealer purchasing systems and operations, 3) new or growing marketing trends and 4) by reading literature concerning music education issues.
• Works with dealers to increase sales by developing and implementing joint projects such as mailings, in-store displays, statement stuffers and special promotions.
• Charts territory sales and analyzes sales reports to determine areas in need of improvement and plan sales activity and strategies; maps out and revises sales activity schedules to achieve aims.
• Contacts catalog companies and other business enterprises to research and develop new markets and determine potential product needs; makes recommendations for new product development.
• Allocates and monitors a territory sales marketing budget for special projects, stock order and convention travel.
• Composes and prepares sales-related correspondence, including business letters, memoranda, dealer flyer copy, etc.
• Occasionally travels within assigned territory to call on accounts.
• May attend or represent the company at state and other conventions.
• Assists in other areas as needed.
Basic professional sales concepts, strategies and methodology; computer business applications for Microsoft Word and Excel; proper English usage, grammar, and punctuation; basic statistic and mathematical computation. Knowledge of music concepts and Salesforce software desirable.
Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with dealers, buyers, and others both within and outside of the company; organize time and set and adjust work priorities to achieve multiple sales goals; establish and maintain effective ongoing relationships with customers; be tactful, diplomatic, and persuasive in sales contacts; work cooperatively in a team environment; synthesize information from various sources and reach appropriate conclusions; take initiative to improve sales skills, increase territory and industry knowledge, help others as needed; analyze territory and sales report data to plan sales activity; use judgement and creativity to solve problems, improve strategies, and increase production. Must be able to: discern images and sounds via electronic equipment regularly, sit for several hours on a regular basis, stand for several hours occasionally, travel by air occasionally, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally, be licensed and insured to drive a motor vehicle.
To apply, please use this link to upload your resume and answer questionnaire: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=8993941 Please no direct phone calls or emails to the company. It is strongly advised to use an older version of Internet Explorer on a PC for the application process. We will contact candidates for interviews.
Alfred's headquarters is located in Van Nuys, CA. between the 405 Frwy. and Van Nuys Airport. Our New York office is located in Oriskany (near Utica and Rome), and the Florida office is in Miramar.
Alfred is a family owned company, and offers a generous benefit package such as medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, pet insurance, wellness program, paid time off, flexible spending account for medical and dependent care, 401(k), employee stock ownership program (ESOP), employee assistance program, long term and short term disability insurance, optional supplemental insurance for life, accident, sickness, cancer, and long term care. We offer fun activities for the employees like company onsite barbeques, ice cream sundaes on Fridays during the summer, free international-themed lunches (which is sometimes accompanied by music from our own staff musicians), and other discounted group activities. General business hours are Mon-Fri 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., however each department is scheduled according to its needs. Alfred is closed between Christmas and New Years. Casual dress.
Alfred Music provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. And, we prohibit the harassment of any individual on the basis of any of these characteristics. We will also make reasonable accommodations for individuals who have disabilities to enable them to perform their jobs.
Equal employment opportunity applies in all areas of employment including recruiting, hiring, training, promoting, compensation, benefits, transfers, as well as social and recreational programs. In addition, we prohibit discrimination or retaliation against anyone who files a charge, participates in an investigation or opposes an unlawful act.
ALFRED MUSIC, a world-leading music publisher, was established in 1922, and is still a family-owned business with headquarters in Van Nuys, California. Now an international company, our goal is to produce products that will help people all over the world learn, teach, and play music. We publish music in many formats, from sheet music and books to software and e-reader formats.